Responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs. Analyzes existing plan data and compares to current market trends to identify company objectives. Evaluates market response and presents strategic and financial report with recommendations that meet desired objectives. Installs new and/or modified plans with appropriate vendors. Prepares and executes benefit documents; including developing communication materials and conducting employee education presentations. Ensures plan compliance with all local, state and federal agencies. Provides customer service for escalated issues and is responsible for maintaining client relationship.
- Excellent communication, detail, and organization skills
- Proven ability to work independently towards a team objective
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while working under time constraints
- Strong analytical, judgment, and decision making skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and CRM
- Knowledge of benefit contract language and federal requirements such as COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, Section 125, Medicare, and Health Reform
Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years related benefits experience.